You might know people who will promise great SEO at rock bottom prices. At first, it seems a good deal. The person might look geeky and everything happens at lightning speed with a few clicks. That’s got to be someone who knows their SEO, right?
Not necessarily. SEO takes time and has to be done properly. You’ve seen westerns - the good guys aren’t the ones in the black hats. There are black hat SEO techniques that are fast and look effective, but Google sees itself as a 24/7 Sheriff and it comes down hard on any ‘baddies’ trying to get some quick, easy SEO.
• SEO That Lasts
Squeaky clean, white hat SEO will let you sleep at night while your website climbs up the rankings. SEO takes time, because SEO is about quality and engagement with your business readers.
With websites, it’s not a matter of ‘Build it and they will come.’ A new website can remain completely unknown and unloved. Visits from qualified customers take time and effort to attract.
We are a small business too, so we know how important it is to keep control of the bottom line. The reality of SEO is that only a thorough job will tick all the boxes that the bots are looking for. Cheap SEO can’t work because visitors are attracted to your site by valuable content which doesn’t come cheaply. Search engines are convinced of your site’s quality when it sends smart, genuine signals to the crawlers, when your site is well built and contains relevant, quality content.
You’ll see how the raw materials of SEO require some investment:
- value for site visitors - well written articles, quality content and attractive offers
- quality links based on real relationships
- attention to detail in all aspects of your site.
•It’s Not Just About Numbers
Quantity of visitors, numbers of clicks, are not the whole story. To make sales, another important Q is Quality of visitors. You want the eyes and the hearts of visitors who are pre-qualified as customers. If they are genuinely looking for what you have to offer them, the rest will fall into place. This is what a targeted website with good SEO will deliver.
Cheap SEO will not attempt to provide this level of mentoring for your site - it can’t do it at the price.
•More About Quality
Businesses have been told to publish content regularly. That can translate into pressure to produce an article every week or even every day. How many business owners feel permanently stressed by the need to provide content? A cheap SEO service will have to leave the provision of content to you, or source cheap articles itself. It won’t have the funds to do otherwise.
It might even give the business owner another headache - could the articles going out in their name be ‘cut and paste jobs’ which will lead to trouble?
So Quality matters here too, and quality is the way to impress Google.
•Why Quality Content is King
- People love informative, helpful or entertaining content and they will engage if it provides value for them.
- It demonstrates your expertise and boosts your credibility.
- It builds familiarity, trust and credibility for the brand.
- The better the relationship and the engagement, the more likely it is to lead to business.
- It brings visitors back because it often takes many engagements to reach the point of a sale.
Cheap content is unlikely to achieve any of these outcomes.
•Low Priced SEO is Time-Poor
We’ve looked around the web and found plenty of sites where the SEO falls down. We take the time that SEO requires. Have you thought about all of the issues involved? Here are just a few of them:
- Speed of loading your site
- Make best use of Google’s Keyword Tool
- Optimal length for title and descriptions
- Less can be more when it comes to keyword density
- Broken links, internal links, realistic links - not all links are created equal
- Effective bundling with Social Media. SEO is not an island
- A promotion plan
- A publishing plan
- Avoiding penalties
- Verification, registration and authority
Google, gotta love it
How good is Google - a free tool to bring clients to your business. If only it was that easy.
With good SEO, it can become that easy. It’s our job to look after the SEO, so you can deliver the goods and services that your customers want.